What is Passwordless MFA?
Passwordless MFA is an authentication mechanism that combines passwordless authentication and multi-factor authentication. Passwordless MFA requires users to log in to systems without typing a password, but also with one or more additional factors.
Passwordless authentication may only require one form of possession factor (something you have) or inherent factor (biometrics - something you are), but not a password. MFA alone may not be passwordless as the password could serve as one of the factors.
Combing passwordless and multi-factor gives an authentication method that requires no typing of passwords, but does require two or more factors:
1) Possession Factors (something you have):
- Hardware token
- Software token (using a phone)
- OTP token
- Smart card
- NFC tag
2) Inherent Factors (something you are):
- Fingerprint scan
- Facial recognition scan
- Iris scan
- Vein scan
- Behavioral factors such as typing walking and typing dynamics
3) Knowledge Factors (something you know):
- PIN (personal identification number)
- Touchscreen swipe
4) Location Factors (somewhere you are):
- Geography (geo-location)
- IP Address
- Local proximity
5) Behavioral Factors (something you do):
- Handwriting style
- Typing speed
- Movement dynamics
- Motion sensors
Touchless, contactless, passwordless 2FA solution. All passwords centralized and only accessible by you with your proximity key fob. Experience fully automated access and security before full deployment. Instant 2FA, auto-OTP, and worry-free workflow with proximity-based privileged access management for Windows 10, 8, 7, and macOS.