What is Passwordless MFA?
Passwordless MFA is an authentication mechanism that combines passwordless authentication and multi-factor authentication. Passwordless MFA requires users to log in to systems without typing a password, but also with one or more additional factors.
Passwordless authentication may only require one form of possession factor (something you have) or inherent factor (biometrics - something you are), but not a password. MFA alone may not be passwordless as the password could serve as one of the factors.
Combing passwordless and multi-factor gives an authentication method that requires no typing of passwords, but does require two or more factors:
1) Possession Factors (something you have):
- Hardware token
- Software token (using a phone)
- OTP token
- Smart card
- NFC tag
2) Inherent Factors (something you are):
- Fingerprint scan
- Facial recognition scan
- Iris scan
- Vein scan
- Behavioral factors such as typing walking and typing dynamics
3) Knowledge Factors (something you know):
- PIN (personal identification number)
- Touchscreen swipe
4) Location Factors (somewhere you are):
- Geography (geo-location)
- IP Address
- Local proximity
5) Behavioral Factors (something you do):
- Handwriting style
- Typing speed
- Movement dynamics
- Motion sensors
Touchless, contactless, passwordless 2FA with continuous authentication. One key for all your passwords. Experience fully automated login and security. Instant 2FA, auto-OTP, password manager and worry-free workflow with proximity-based privileged access management for Windows 10, 8, 7, macOS, desktop applications, and websites.