How to Automatically Launch Websites at Startup in Chrome
How to auto-launch websites on Chrome. Auto-launching applications saves lots of time. You can set your computer to open Chrome and launch any website you want at startup so you can skip having to manually click open everything such as your EHR, CRM, etc. Follow the steps below to save time by launching websites automatically in Google Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome web browser.
2. Click the menu icon in the upper-right (3 dots), then slick Settings near the bottom.
3. On the bottom-left, click On startup.
4. Select the option Open a specific page or set of pages.
5. Click Add a new page.
6. Copy and paste the URL of the site you want to auto-launch at startup, then click Add. Repeat this step for every site you want automatically launched when Chrome opens. Good examples of sites you want auto-loading at startup might include your email account, CRM, any work applications or sites you access often. This will remove most wasted time in navigating to and logging into websites.
7. Now click the Start button (Windows logo) and search for Google Chrome.
8. Right-click the Chrome application, then click “Open file location“.
9. With the file location open, press the Windows logo key + R.
10. Type shell:startup, then click OK. The Startup folder will open next.
11. Copy and paste the shortcut to the application (Chrome) from the file location into the Startup folder.
Done! Now, Chrome will auto-launch at startup with your chosen websites. Using the GateKeeper Proximity password manager, users will now be able to log in to their computer, and then the websites needed will auto-launch to the correct URLs with your username and password auto-filled. This method of logging in saves more time than everyone manually opening Chrome, typing each URL, username, and then password. If you have not done so, please add your passwords to your GateKeeper token.
If you would like to also launch any desktop applications at startup (e.g. EHR/EMR), please follow the directions in the link below to complete the process. Then, all your required websites and desktop applications will be open and waiting for you at login. Users no longer need to open applications, websites, and type usernames and passwords – passwordless login.