What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security is the protection of computer and digital systems to prevent unauthorized access and disruption of service. Cyber security involves both the digital and physical security aspects that protect computers and virtual data.
Examples of types of threats to cyber security:
- Computer viruses
- Social engineering attacks
- Device theft (laptops, phones, hard drives, USB sticks)
- Phishing attacks
- Cybercriminal gangs
Employee weaknesses in cyber security
Even as cybercriminals and cyber gangs across the world attack at unprecedented rates, our own employees are often the difference between a successful defense and a data breach. Examples of how employees can undo millions of dollars worth of cyber security investment:
- Poor password habits like
- Creating weak passwords can lead to a successful brute-force attack.
- Re-using passwords that may have been compromised.
- Recycling the same password for different accounts can lead to a successful credential stuffing attack.
- Writing passwords down that can easily be picked up by unauthorized users.
- Not being properly trained and aware of how to handle cyber security threats including social engineering.
- Lack of proper tools to properly monitor and defend network against cyber threats.
Touchless, contactless, passwordless 2FA with continuous authentication. One key for all your passwords. Experience fully automated login and security. Instant 2FA, auto-OTP, password manager and worry-free workflow with proximity-based privileged access management for Windows 10, 8, 7, macOS, desktop applications, and websites.