What is Identity Access Management?
Identity access management ("IAM") is a set of policies and technologies that ensures the correct users have access to the technology resources. IAM systems are part of the information technology security and data management operations. Access management and identity systems are used to identify, authenticate, and control access for those who use IT resources.
IAM systems include multi-factor authentication (MFA), access control, single sign-on, and privileged access management tools. These solutions are used by IT admins to secure identity and profile data and perform data governance functions that ensure only the relevant and necessary data is shared with each individual user. Why use an IAM system? There are so many benefits for security and end user experience.
Benefits of IAM:
- Stronger cybersecurity posture
- Easier access control workflow for users means less stress and more productivity
- Reduced cost in managing user access permissions
- Easier and faster employee provisioning and deprovisioning process
- Makes acheiving regulatory compliance much easier
- Reduced chances of data breaches
- Reduced password issues including helpdesk tickets for forgotten passwords
- Overall reduction in IT costs
Read about how GateKeeper makes identity access management easier for IT admins.
Touchless, contactless, passwordless 2FA with continuous authentication. One key for all your passwords. Experience fully automated login and security. Instant 2FA, auto-OTP, password manager and worry-free workflow with proximity-based privileged access management for Windows 10, 8, 7, macOS, desktop applications, and websites.