What is 2FA?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is the security authentication method that requires two pieces of predetermined evidence (factors) before being granted authorization. 2FA is a subset of multi-factor authentication (MFA), the difference is the number of factors. Simply two layers of security required before a user can access an account or system.
There are five different types of authentication:
1) Possession factor - something you have
- Hardware token
- ID Badge
2) Knowledge factor - something you know
3) Inherent factor - something you are
- Facial scan
4) Location factor - somewhere you are
- IP Address
5) Behavioral factor - something you do
- Handwriting style
- Typing speed
All your passwords in one place and only accessible by you with your key fob. Experience fully automated access and security before full deployment. Instant MFA and worry-free workflow with proximity-based privileged access management for Windows 10, 8, 7, and macOS.